Rowenta Steamer/Iron

Tuesday, August 30, 2011
I apologize for posting this so late but here is another project that I am working on. It is a Rowenta steamer/iron and the problem is that when you click the button on the iron, no steam comes out. I took the iron apart and there seems to be no problem with it so I took the base apart and so far I haven't found the problem. I tested the pump (right hand side of picture) by removing it from the base and connecting it directly to a wall outlet. I made sure it had a water source to pump from so as not to ruin the pump. It seems to work just fine so I think the next thing I will try is simply cleaning out the lines that transport the steam and cleaning out the silver metal piece in the center which actually creates the steam. If that doesn't work then I will test the switch which allows the steam through the lines.


0 comments:

Post a Comment