Earbuds

Thursday, December 1, 2011
I don't know how many of you have had trouble with earbuds that only have one functional side, but I am very annoyed by them. I have figured out how to fix them, but it is difficult and definitely requires precision. In order to fix them, you need an X-acto knife, a soldering iron with solder and something to hold the wire in place(i.e. clamps). I say it's difficult because I have already ruined at least one pair of earbuds. Well, technically I didn't ruin them, but I ended up completely cutting off one earbud(the one that wasn't working in the first place), so it wasn't devastating. You can start by testing your earbuds to see what part of the wire is causing them to mess up. You can just plug them into your iPod and flex the wire 'til they start messing up. when you figure out where the wire is broken, you can use the X-acto knife to split the insulation so that you can get to the wire. when you find the break just solder it together. It is definitely not as easy as it sounds, especially if the break is near one end. Hope it works for you though.

P.S. I made the picture in Blender :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment